Monday, August 2, 2010

Morning Run


I like running in the woods. I don't think I do it enough. I don't think Dave and Sharon do it enough either. They are always busy with stuff like working (on what??) or cutting the grass or shopping or reading or watching TV. Sure, they take me places every day for walks and runs, but I love being in the woods.

After weeks of going to the same 'ole same 'ole, Sharon finally takes me to Clear Creek Metro Park for a run. It's been forever since I've been there. Sharon says she hasn't run in a while because her feet have been hurting. I think that's why paws are much better than feet. My paws don't hurt, they just itch. I even went to the doctor on Monday to have my paws looked at. When I was there, the doctor told me that I gained 2 pounds! I'm getting all fat! Good thing Sharon is taking me to run this morning. I need it!

I like running in the woods with Sharon and Dave. They have taken me to woods all over to run - to places called Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and New York! They even do a pretty good job of keeping up with me.

This morning's run was fun. It was humid and it started getting hot out, but we got up extra early to make sure we started during the coolest part of the day. Sharon gave me water to drink and treats on the trail.

Sharon wanted to go 10 miles, but we stopped at 9. I was getting hot and tired and Sharon was too. She's all worried about a very long race in October. I don't know why she gets all bothered by these things. I think she should just run until she's tired and then eat and take a nap. That's what I would do.

Speaking of naps, I think that's a very good think to do right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment